Friday, November 30, 2007

Letter to Californians against Assisted Suicide

As a Pre-med student I fear for my future as a doctor in a medical system in which would allow Euthanasia or PAS. The great debate resides in ideas such as the patients right to die and the idea a doctor should take any means necessary to relieve suffering. Although signing the Hippocratic Oath pledging to do all that is within my means to care for a patient I also vow not to act as god. I feel that those who are on the Pro side of the Euthanasia and PAS debate care only for what it does for the individual and not for the society as a whole. As an organization what do you feel is needed to show our population how detrimental is has the possibility of becoming? Also do you feel pressure by the more likely danger of being legalized in California because it has become one of the more liberal states?

Sincerely,
Nicole Butchart

1 comment:

Tauruschild8927 said...

I see you fixed the grammer error. YAY!